SYP - PPW Administrator - September 2022
Role: PPW Administrator
Department: People and Organisational Development
Location: Nunnery Square, Sheffield (moving to Carbrook before end March 2023)
Salary: £20,118 - £21,837
Hours: 37 hours per week
Contract Type: Temporary for 12 months
South Yorkshire Police is currently looking to recruit a People Partnering and Wellbeing (PPW) Administrator to work within the People and Oganisational Development Department.
This role sits in the advisory team within the PPW function and is essential to providing first line advice to employees and managers across the organisation. You will provide an excellent customer service whilst ensuring that our advice reflects an empowering ethos and risk-based approach. You will process People transactional services from start to finish and ensure that they are completed accurately and timely whilst keeping customers up to date.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with working in a multi-site organisation and building stakeholder relationships across large organisations. You will:
- Provide a flexible, customer focussed and professional first line response in providing advice and guidance on a range of enquiries either face to face, telephone and/or email and takes ownership of achieving a satisfactory resolution and escalating where appropriate.
- Ensure the accurate maintenance of HR records, including recording of applications such as time away from work, updating absence records and general changes to personal information (when required).
- Take ownership of data quality and integrity of information when inputting, amending, and extracting information.
- As required, maximise the use of IT Systems and equipment to run and create management information and reports
- Support colleagues in PPW with project work including initial administration and updating/amending systems.
- Undertake employment checks to ensure the accurate completion of reference requests
- Organises and plans events as required.
- Attends meetings as required including notification and following up of actions, as required.
- Undertakes a broad range of administrative duties within PPW such as maintaining an effective electronic filing/recording system.
The role will work on an agile approach, being able to work effectively both virtually and with colleagues across our sites. The position will be Force wide covering areas across South Yorkshire therefore individuals must be flexible and be able to travel across sites as required. The team is currently based at Nunnery Square, however, will be relocating to Force Headquarters, Carbrook early 2023.
If this opportunity excites you and you want to be part of a team who are committed to showing the difference that excellent people management and development can make to the front-line public services, we want to hear from you.
Skills and experience:
The successful candidate will therefore have previous experience of working in an administrative role and will be proficient in the use of Microsoft packages including word, excel, power point, and Teams. The individual will have the ability to use their own initiative and have an understanding of the importance of a customer centric approach.
For further information relating to the role and tasks of this position, please refer to the attached role profile.
We offer generous entitlements and supportive policies to enable a better work-life balance, some of which are listed below:
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Flexible and hybrid working
- Generous ‘family’ leave
- Voluntary CPD Events for all staff to allow continuous development
- Mentoring & Coaching Scheme
- Paid Professional Subscriptions when relevant to role
- Access to a range of occupational health facilities
- Generous pension scheme
- Employee assistance service (accessible 24/7)
- Additional benefits for Westfield Health members
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sports and Social Club
Applicants must meet the minimum requirement checkable history criteria, which must be taken into account for individuals applying to work with South Yorkshire Police in any capacity. A minimum checkable history of 5 years is required for this role and successfully undergoing recruitment vetting procedure is a pre-requisite of employment with South Yorkshire Police.
Appearance & Standards:
The Force is currently reviewing the Appearance and Standards Policy, with particular focus to Tattoos. All visible tattoos will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis, pending consultation of the Policy review. Until such time, please do not be discouraged from applying to the Force as any visible tattoos will be discussed on a case-by-case basis. Any tattoo which could be deemed inappropriate, or cause offence will not be accepted. If you have tattoos, you will need to make a declaration at the time of application.
South Yorkshire Police’s Key Values:
Please find attached information sheet on South Yorkshire Police’s Key Values. The force has a particular focus on three areas, Fairness, Integrity and Trust. Under each of these three headings there are key behaviours we expect all employees to adhere to.
Friday 30 September 2022 at 23:55
Closing dates are not normally extended, other than in exceptional circumstances and agreement is made with the Line Manager for the role in conjunction with People and Organisational Development.
Contact point for applicants:
For further information about the role, please contact Rachael Johnson on 07775 031636 or Rachael Greenfield on 07464983758. Please do not contact the numbers for an application form.
Did you know? You can copy and paste the link currently in your browser and access this vacancy at home.
As this post has only just been advertised, on this occasion, previous applicants need not reapply.
Diversity & Inclusion:
South Yorkshire Police welcomes applications from under-represented communities. For further information on diversity and inclusion within South Yorkshire Police, please visit the diversity and inclusion page:
If you are from an underrepresented group and want to find out more about the support we can offer, please contact our dedicated team on firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition, we will look to support anyone who requires Part Time/Job share working hours
Note to candidates:
Please note that, should you be successful at the interview stage, the relevant internal or external pre-employment checks are required. These include vetting clearance or review, prior to being appointed to the new role and start date being agreed.
Apply for the role:
To apply for the role, please click the ‘Apply’ button.
This opportunity is closed to applications.