SYP - Data Quality/ MoPI Officer - August 2022
Role: Data Quality / MoPI Officer
Department: Data Office
Salary: £23,331 - £25.809
Hours: 21 hours
Contract Type: Permanent
To undertake reviews of all nominal records held within South Yorkshire Police’s electronic systems in accordance with the ACPO Guidance on the Management of Police Information (MoPI).
- In line with relevant legislation and force Data Quality Standards, research/analyse/evaluate/monitor information on SYP systems, deciding when / how nominals, addresses, vehicles, associates etc should be linked/separated. Investigate and make decision for evidence-based linking/separation. Maximising the force’s information management capability
- Applying APP Management of Police Information, Review, Retain, Re-categorisation, Disposal criteria, relevant legislation and force policy to electronic and paper records, decide what information should be reviewed, what information should be retained, whether information should be re-categorised and also decide which records can be disposed which no longer have a policing purpose for retention.
- Provide Support to the Joint Data Quality Group.
- Make decisions for retention/disposal of electronic and paper records using evidence-based risk assessment in line with Information Management Strategy.
- Contribute to the development of processes, procedures and policy to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Data Quality and the Review, Retain, Re-Categorisation, Disposal function, identifying and bringing problem areas to the attention of supervision and/or management.
- Liaise with appropriate departments for Data Quality and MOPI.
- Provide information to Public Protection and Intelligence when inferences are made from new information, identified links and any salient issues that may identify a pattern of offending. Submit National Intelligence Reports as appropriate.
- Identify information from an offender’s record that does not meet the MoPI and data quality principles of being accurate, up to date, adequate, relevant, timely and limited, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed.
- Research, analyse, evaluate and monitor data, identifying information gaps and discrepancies, undertaking audits of Connect for Data Quality and MoPI.
- Monitor and quality assure data entered onto the force systems by other staff. Collating discrepancies to feedback, so improving the quality of information within the organisation.
- Deal with enquiries by email/telephone/in person, provide expert advice and assistance to internal and external partners.
- Maintain accurate and complete records/audit trail of all activity.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and national and local guidance
- Promote compliance with SYP’s policies on Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety, both in the delivery of services and the treatment of others
Skills and experience:
For further information relating to the role and tasks of this position, please refer to the attached role profile.
We offer generous entitlements and supportive policies to enable a better work-life balance, some of which are listed below:
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Flexible and agile working
- Generous ‘family’ leave
- Voluntary CPD Events for all staff to allow continuous development
- Mentoring & Coaching Scheme
- Paid Professional Subscriptions when relevant to role
- Access to a range of occupational health facilities
- Generous pension scheme
- Employee assistance service (accessible 24/7)
- Additional benefits for Westfield Health members
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sports and Social Club
Applicants must meet the minimum requirement checkable history criteria, which must be taken into account for individuals applying to work with South Yorkshire Police in any capacity. A minimum checkable history of 5 years is required for this role and successfully undergoing recruitment vetting procedure is a pre-requisite of employment with South Yorkshire Police.
Appearance & Standards:
The Force is currently reviewing the Appearance and Standards Policy, with particular focus to Tattoos. All visible tattoos will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis, pending consultation of the Policy review. Until such time, please do not be discouraged from applying to the Force as any visible tattoos will be discussed on a case-by-case basis. Any tattoo which could be deemed inappropriate, or cause offence will not be accepted. If you have tattoos, you will need to make a declaration at the time of application.
South Yorkshire Police’s Key Values:
Please find attached information sheet on South Yorkshire Police’s Key Values. The force has a particular focus on three areas, Fairness, Integrity and Trust. Under each of these three headings there are key behaviours we expect all employees to adhere to.
Thursday 18th August 2022 at 23:55
Closing dates are not normally extended, other than in exceptional circumstances and agreement is made between the Talent Acquisition Manager and the Line Manager for the role.
Contact point for applicants:
For further information about the role, please contact Sophie Berry on 07464 649731. Please do not contact this number for an application form.
Did you know? You can copy and paste the link currently in your browser and access this vacancy at home.
Diversity & Inclusion:
South Yorkshire Police welcomes applications from under-represented communities. For further information on diversity and inclusion within South Yorkshire Police, please visit the diversity and inclusion page:
If you are from an underrepresented group and want to find out more about the support we can offer, please contact our dedicated team on firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition, we will look to support anyone who requires Part Time/Job share working hours.
Apply for the role:
To apply for the role, please click the ‘Apply’ button.
Note to candidates:
Please note that, should you be successful at the interview stage, the relevant internal or external pre-employment checks are required. These include vetting clearance or review, prior to being appointed to the new role and start date being agreed.
This opportunity is closed to applications.