SYP - Police Return Scheme
POLICE RETURN SCHEME
The South Yorkshire Police Return Scheme is designed to assist the Force in the return of police officers with valuable skills and experience who would otherwise retire.
The scheme allows a police officer to retire from the Force but to then return as an attested officer after a short break of service. Officers that retire will be given access to their commutation lump sum.
We have a number of exciting roles that you may be interested in including custody support, incident management and assessors for the new Police Officer entry routes, along with current vacancies.
To be eligible to apply
- You must have 30 or more year’s pensionable service and hence be entitled to retire with maximum pension benefits (40/60ths) in order to be eligible for the Scheme.
- You must spend a minimum of one month and a maximum of two years in retirement.
- Retired police officers will be posted to existing SYP vacancies in line with the normal workforce deployment practices.
- Some conditions of service change following retirement and re-engagement on the SYP Return Scheme. Officers must carefully consider the SYP Return Scheme guidance.
- Re-engaged police officers will be subject to pension auto-enrolment in line with the Pension Act 2008.
- Compulsory retirement age limits apply to all officers on the SYP Return Scheme; and
- Extension of service rules will continue to apply for those wishing to remain in service beyond the new compulsory age of retirement for their respective rank.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date : 31st October 2021