- SYP - Force Mental Health Coordinator
FORCE MENTAL HEALTH COORDINATOR
COLLEGE ROAD, DONCASTER
£28,428 - £32,778
18.5 HOURS PER WEEK
See attachments for Summary of Main Duties & Person Specification,
Applications are invited for the role of Force Mental Health Coordinator, which forms part of Doncaster Local Policing Unit.
The post holder will be expected to take responsibility for the coordination of mental health work streams across the force, working in partnership with District’s, Public Protection Units and other agencies both statutory and non-statutory.
The preferred candidate will be required to;
- Planning and coordination of mental health work streams across the force, working in partnership with other agencies both statutory and non-statutory.
- Support and maintain effective governance arrangements and partnerships in the development and delivery of the “Crisis Care Concordat” to meet the needs of local communities
- Attend/undertake task and finish functions delegated by the Mental Health Strategic Partnership Board and themed sub groups
- Development/review/implementation of force strategy, action plans, policy and procedure in line with legislation, statutory guidance and best practice to inform change
- Support the development/review/implementation of joint working protocols in line with legislation, statutory guidance and authorised professional practice to ensure effective relationships with all communities
- Drive activity to support Districts/PVP with tactical and multi- agency options linked to mental health related activity, demand and other identified vulnerabilities/emerging issues.
- Provide specialist advice and support to strategic, tactical and operational mental health leads and provide resilience for the chairing/attendance at both internal/external meetings.
- Provide update reports/presentations on mental health work streams both internally/externally
- Provide specialist advice, knowledge and support in the management of mental health related operational issues/demand and local case reviews and disseminate force wide “lessons learnt”
- Support Performance Management Unit in the development and implementation of effective processes to collate mental health data to provide external submissions
- Maintain effective relationships with SYP media team in the internal/external promotion of mental health work streams and maintenance of the force mental health intranet site
- Attend national, regional and local events to inform the development/review/implementation of force/partnership strategy, action plans, policy and procedure
- Provide resilience for the Force Mental Health Practitioner
Applicants must provide evidence of significant experience of working in Policing and the Mental Health arena. In addition, the preferred candidate will have a knowledge and experience of writing, policy, action plans and strategy papers and have significant previous experience of consulting and working win collaboration with partners.
For further information regarding this post, please contact SUPT. DAN THORPE on 01302 385 825. Please do not contact this number for an application form.
Applicants must meet the minimum checkable history criteria, which must be taken into account for all individuals applying to work with South Yorkshire Police in any capacity. A minimum checkable history period of 3 Years has been identified for this role and successfully undergoing recruitment vetting procedure is a pre-requisite of employment with South Yorkshire Police.
Did you know? You can copy and paste the link currently in your browser and access this vacancy at home.
Closing Date: Tuesday, 22nd May 2018
Closing dates are not normally extended, other than in exceptional circumstances and an agreement is made with the HR Manager - Recruitment and the Line Manager for the role.
To apply for the role, please click the ‘Apply’ button
South Yorkshire Police welcome applications from underrepresented communities. For further information on positive action within South Yorkshire Police, please visit the positive action page: