SYP - Intelligence Researcher - September 2022
Role: Intelligence Researcher
Department: Specialist Crime Services
Location: Maltby Police Station, Rotherham
Salary: £23,331 - £25,809
Hours: 37 hours per week
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contact until November 2023
To provide support to the officers within the Protection of Vulnerable Persons (PVP) Strategic Governance Unit.
- Collate statistical information for all areas of PVP for internal and external use.
- Retrieve and collate information from a variety of sources to assist with Domestic Homicide Reviews, Serious Case Reviews and Safeguarding Adult Reviews.
- Liaise with external agencies to obtain and disseminate information in relation to safeguarding reviews.
- Collate information from police officers, staff and partner agencies to assist in the review of Force Policies and Procedures.
- Research internal systems to obtain information to support FOI requests.
- Attend meetings both internally and externally in support of PVP Governance Detective Sergeants and Detective Inspectors, providing administrative support where required.
- Complete administrative and clerical duties including receiving and actioning telephone calls, maintaining stocks of stationary and equipment and reviewing/replying to postal requests.
- Conduct external research and liaise with other police forces to identify and implement good practice across the PVP portfolio.
- Complete research and reports on behalf of the MARAC coordinator.
- Complete duties commensurate to band profile in support of departmental needs
Skills and experience:
For further information relating to the role and tasks of this position, please refer to the attached role profile.
We offer generous entitlements and supportive policies to enable a better work-life balance, some of which are listed below:
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Flexible and hybrid working
- Generous ‘family’ leave
- Voluntary CPD Events for all staff to allow continuous development
- Mentoring & Coaching Scheme
- Paid Professional Subscriptions when relevant to role
- Access to a range of occupational health facilities
- Generous pension scheme
- Employee assistance service (accessible 24/7)
- Additional benefits for Westfield Health members
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sports and Social Club
Applicants must meet the minimum requirement checkable history criteria, which must be taken into account for individuals applying to work with South Yorkshire Police in any capacity. A minimum checkable history of 3 years is required for this role and successfully undergoing recruitment vetting procedure is a pre-requisite of employment with South Yorkshire Police.
Appearance & Standards:
The Force is currently reviewing the Appearance and Standards Policy, with particular focus to Tattoos. All visible tattoos will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis, pending consultation of the Policy review. Until such time, please do not be discouraged from applying to the Force as any visible tattoos will be discussed on a case-by-case basis. Any tattoo which could be deemed inappropriate, or cause offence will not be accepted. If you have tattoos, you will need to make a declaration at the time of application.
South Yorkshire Police’s Key Values:
Please find attached information sheet on South Yorkshire Police’s Key Values. The force has a particular focus on three areas, Fairness, Integrity and Trust. Under each of these three headings there are key behaviours we expect all employees to adhere to.
Wednesday 5th October 2022 at 23:55
Closing dates are not normally extended, other than in exceptional circumstances and agreement is made between the Talent Acquisition Manager and the Line Manager for the role.
Contact point for applicants:
For further information about the role, please contact DS Lucy Garside on 07754 288858. Please do not contact this number for an application form.
Did you know? You can copy and paste the link currently in your browser and access this vacancy at home.
Diversity & Inclusion:
South Yorkshire Police welcomes applications from under-represented communities. For further information on diversity and inclusion within South Yorkshire Police, please visit the diversity and inclusion page:
If you are from an underrepresented group and want to find out more about the support we can offer, please contact our dedicated team on email@example.com
In addition, we will look to support anyone who requires Part Time/Job share working hours.
Note to candidates:
Please note that, should you be successful at the interview stage, the relevant internal or external pre-employment checks are required. These include vetting clearance or review, prior to being appointed to the new role and start date being agreed.
Apply for the role:
To apply for the role, please click the ‘Apply’ button.
To apply for this post as a secondment, you must have the support of your current Line Manager. This should be sent via email to the Hiring Line Manager. Please ensure that the role title and the closing date are stated in the subject of your email.
Without support, your application will not be considered any further.
This opportunity is closed to applications.