SYP - Receptionist - September 2022
Department: Estates and Facilities Management
Location: Force HQ, Carbrook, Sheffield
Salary: £19,149 - £19,689 (pro-rata)
Hours: 32 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Days/Hours: Monday (4 hours) and Tuesday to Friday (7 hours)
The post holder will provide a front-of-house welcoming service for visitors and contribute to the smooth running of the Force Headquarters facility.
- Management of visitors to site including operation of the visitor identification system and the management of visitor parking spaces.
- Operation of the public address system.
- Receipt and distribution of incoming Royal Mail, including signing for all recorded mail (including those containing cheques) and organising the collection of all external mail at the end of the day.
- Accepting and signing all packets and parcels delivered by numerous couriers, arranging courier service for parcels at the request of members of staff (responsible for security and distribution).
- Distribution of all morning internal mail to the appropriate departments, and organisation of same for evening collection by the Force Mail Drivers.
- Full responsibility for the database management of requests for the main Conference Room and any hospitality requirements including replenishment of stocks and liaison with the Finance Department.
- Supervise correct disposal of all confidential waste by appointed contractors.
Skills and experience:
- Experience of dealing with face to face enquiries from members of the public.
- Experience of using computer packages including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Able to work alternate shift pattern of days 00- 4.00pm or 9.00am – 5pm.
For further information relating to the role and tasks of this position, please refer to the attached role profile.
We offer generous entitlements and supportive policies to enable a better work-life balance, some of which are listed below:
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Flexible and hybrid working
- Generous ‘family’ leave
- Voluntary CPD Events for all staff to allow continuous development
- Mentoring & Coaching Scheme
- Paid Professional Subscriptions when relevant to role
- Access to a range of occupational health facilities
- Generous pension scheme
- Employee assistance service (accessible 24/7)
- Additional benefits for Westfield Health members
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sports and Social Club
Applicants must meet the minimum requirement checkable history criteria, which must be taken into account for individuals applying to work with South Yorkshire Police in any capacity. A minimum checkable history of 3 years / 5 years is required for this role and successfully undergoing recruitment vetting procedure is a pre-requisite of employment with South Yorkshire Police.
Appearance & Standards:
The Force is currently reviewing the Appearance and Standards Policy, with particular focus to Tattoos. All visible tattoos will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis, pending consultation of the Policy review. Until such time, please do not be discouraged from applying to the Force as any visible tattoos will be discussed on a case-by-case basis. Any tattoo which could be deemed inappropriate, or cause offence will not be accepted. If you have tattoos, you will need to make a declaration at the time of application.
South Yorkshire Police’s Key Values:
Please find attached information sheet on South Yorkshire Police’s Key Values. The force has a particular focus on three areas, Fairness, Integrity and Trust. Under each of these three headings there are key behaviours we expect all employees to adhere to.
Friday 7th October 2022 at 23:55.
Closing dates are not normally extended, other than in exceptional circumstances and agreement is made between the Talent Acquisition Manager and the Line Manager for the role.
Contact point for applicants:
For further information about the role, please contact Dawn Hardy on 07584 204339. Please do not contact this number for an application form.
Did you know? You can copy and paste the link currently in your browser and access this vacancy at home.
Diversity & Inclusion:
South Yorkshire Police welcomes applications from under-represented communities. For further information on diversity and inclusion within South Yorkshire Police, please visit the diversity and inclusion page:
If you are from an underrepresented group and want to find out more about the support we can offer, please contact our dedicated team on firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition, we will look to support anyone who requires Part Time/Job share working hours.
Note to candidates:
Please note that, should you be successful at the interview stage, the relevant internal or external pre-employment checks are required. These include vetting clearance or review, prior to being appointed to the new role and start date being agreed.
Apply for the role:
To apply for the role, please click the ‘Apply’ button.
This opportunity is closed to applications.