SYP - Workforce Planning Assistant - July 2022
Role: Workforce Planning Assistant
Department: People and Organisational Development
Location: Nunnery Square, Sheffield
Salary: Band B (£20,118 - £21,837)
Hours: 37hrs per week
Contract Type: Temporary – for 2 years
Are you good with data and wanting to join a new team?
We currently have an exciting opportunity to work with South Yorkshire Police with either the Moves & Transfers Team or the Student Journey Team.
You will be responsible for the accuracy, consistency and quality of the workforce data held on the Force HR systems. This will involve:
- Processing joiners, re-joiners, leavers, role changes, position changes, establishment changes and shift pattern changes
- Working with the Force HR Systems, Microsoft packages including Teams and Excel
- Attention to detail and accuracy of all updates is of critical importance
- The ability to meet strict deadlines and prioritise
- Support IS with testing of the system for upgrades
- Follow clear and defined processes to update systems and work effectively as a team player in a busy team with a diverse range of customers
Skills and experience:
- Experience of working with data systems. Working knowledge of Microsoft packages to include Excel.
- Ability to engage with a diverse range of stakeholders, building relationships that are based on trust, working collaboratively and to improve the customer experience and align to the organisation’s values
- Able to work accurately under pressure
- Experience in a busy and time sensitive environment working closely as a team towards one shared goal.
For further information please refer to the attached role profile.
We offer generous entitlements and supportive policies to enable a better work-life balance, some of which are listed below:
- Generous annual leave allowance (starting at 27 days per year + Bank Holidays)
- Flexible and agile working
- Generous ‘family’ leave
- Voluntary CPD Events for all staff to allow continuous development
- Mentoring & Coaching Scheme
- Paid Professional Subscriptions when relevant to role
- Access to a range of occupational health facilities
- Generous pension scheme
- Employee assistance service (accessible 24/7)
- Additional benefits for Westfield Health members
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sports and Social Club
Applicants must meet the minimum requirement checkable history criteria, which must be taken into account for individuals applying to work with South Yorkshire Police in any capacity. A minimum checkable history of 5 years is required for this role and successfully undergoing recruitment vetting procedure is a pre-requisite of employment with South Yorkshire Police.
Appearance & Standards:
All tattoos and piercings must be in line with South Yorkshire Police’s Appearance and Standards policy. Tattoos visible on your face, neck, hands or head are not permitted. Any tattoos which could be deemed inappropriate, or cause offence will also not be accepted. If you have tattoos, you will need to make a declaration at the time of application.
Sunday 24th July 2022 at 23:55
Closing dates are not normally extended, other than in exceptional circumstances and agreement is made with the Talent Acquisition Manager, Recruitment and the Line Manager for the role.
Contact point for applicants:
For further information about the role, please contact Rebecca Salamut at firstname.lastname@example.org Please do not contact this email for an application form.
Did you know? You can copy and paste the link currently in your browser and access this vacancy at home.
Diversity & Inclusion:
South Yorkshire Police welcome applications from under-represented communities. For further information on diversity and inclusion within South Yorkshire Police, please visit the diversity and inclusion page:
Note to candidates:
Please note that, should you be successful at the interview stage, the relevant internal or external pre-employment checks are required. These include vetting clearance or review, prior to being appointed to the new role and start date being agreed.
To apply for this post as a secondment, you must have the support of your current Line Manager. This should be sent via email to the Hiring Line Manager. Please ensure that the role title and the closing date are stated in the subject of your email.
Without support, your application may not be considered any further.
Apply for the role:
To apply for the role, please click the ‘Apply’ button.
This opportunity is closed to applications.