SYP - Data Auditor - August 2022
Role: Data Auditor
Department: Performance & Governance
Location: Carbrook/Agile working
Salary: £23,331 - £25,809
Contract Type: Permanent (2 roles available)
Undertake audits of the force systems and technical solutions to ensure compliance with Data Protection legislation, data security standards and national policing requirements.
- Work with the Data Risk and Assurance Manager to agree the terms of reference, methodology, plan and schedule for audit work.
- Conduct audits in accordance with national guidance, in order to ensure that the force data assets are being processed lawfully and in compliance with applicable standards.
- Identify any non-compliant processing of force data assets.
- Report audit findings and assist in dissemination to the relevant audience, working with the Data Risk Analyst.
- Work with the Risk and Assurance Manager and Data Risk Analyst to analyse audit results and identify good practice and areas for improvement.
- Promote and improve understanding of the importance of lawful and compliant processing of data assets within the force.
- Provide support and advice for Information Asset Owners and Information Asset Assistants, in relation to data risk management to support continuous improvement.
- Implement appropriate tools, dashboards, health-checks, documentation and packages to support Information Asset Owners and the Data Boards (strategic and tactical).
- Support the secretariat function to the Data Accountability and Assurance Framework.
- Other tasks commensurate with the role as requested by Data Risk and Assurance Manager.
- Reports to Data Risk and Assurance Manager.
Skills and experience:
For further information relating to the role and tasks of this position, please refer to the attached role profile.
We offer generous entitlements and supportive policies to enable a better work-life balance, some of which are listed below:
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Flexible and agile working
- Generous ‘family’ leave
- Voluntary CPD Events for all staff to allow continuous development
- Mentoring & Coaching Scheme
- Paid Professional Subscriptions when relevant to role
- Access to a range of occupational health facilities
- Generous pension scheme
- Employee assistance service (accessible 24/7)
- Additional benefits for Westfield Health members
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sports and Social Club
Applicants must meet the minimum requirement checkable history criteria, which must be taken into account for individuals applying to work with South Yorkshire Police in any capacity. A minimum checkable history of 5 years is required for this role and successfully undergoing recruitment vetting procedure is a pre-requisite of employment with South Yorkshire Police.
Appearance & Standards:
The Force is currently reviewing the Appearance and Standards Policy, with particular focus to Tattoos. All visible tattoos will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis, pending consultation of the Policy review. Until such time, please do not be discouraged from applying to the Force as any visible tattoos will be discussed on a case-by-case basis. Any tattoo which could be deemed inappropriate, or cause offence will not be accepted. If you have tattoos, you will need to make a declaration at the time of application.
South Yorkshire Police’s Key Values:
Please find attached information sheet on South Yorkshire Police’s Key Values. The force has a particular focus on three areas, Fairness, Integrity and Trust. Under each of these three headings there are key behaviours we expect all employees to adhere to.
Wednesday 17th August 2022 at 23:55
Closing dates are not normally extended, other than in exceptional circumstances and agreement is made between the Talent Acquisition Manager and the Line Manager for the role.
Contact point for applicants:
For further information about the role, please contact Imogen Asquith on email@example.com. Please do not contact this number for an application form.
Did you know? You can copy and paste the link currently in your browser and access this vacancy at home.
Diversity & Inclusion:
South Yorkshire Police welcomes applications from under-represented communities. For further information on diversity and inclusion within South Yorkshire Police, please visit the diversity and inclusion page:
If you are from an underrepresented group and want to find out more about the support we can offer, please contact our dedicated team on firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition, we will look to support anyone who requires Part Time/Job share working hours.
Apply for the role:
To apply for the role, please click the ‘Apply’ button.
Note to candidates:
Please note that, should you be successful at the interview stage, the relevant internal or external pre-employment checks are required. These include vetting clearance or review, prior to being appointed to the new role and start date being agreed.
This opportunity is closed to applications.