SYP - Senior Financial Investigator - July 2022
Role: Senior Financial Investigator
Location: Adwick Police Station
Salary: £31,425 - £36,231
Contract Type: Permanent
The post holder will lead a small team of financial Investigators and manage all aspects of the restraint and confiscation process. This includes the administration of restraints and confiscation orders in support of all relevant investigations. You will also provide strategic direction and tactical knowledge in deciding on investigative options, as well as support to other investigations with a financial element
- If required prepare financial profiles on persons and organisations subject to operational development or investigation at all levels of criminality, and to ensure the appropriate use and/or dissemination of intelligence and assist with interviews with prisoners as necessary.
- Identify the parties holding relevant material and prepare necessary documentation for obtaining Court Production Orders under the appropriate legislation.
- When necessary to attend as a financial expert when search warrants are executed to identify material of potential benefit to a financial investigation and ensure its seizure in accordance with PACE.
- To prepare financial statements for the Prosecutor in accordance with appropriate legislation, identifying the material required from all available resources, developing and presenting the information in a comprehensive format.
- In consultation with the Crown Prosecution Service Central Confiscation Unit, administer restraints and confiscation orders in support of financial investigations to the satisfaction of the Court.
- To maintain a high level of knowledge of current legislation, money laundering typologies and commercial financial systems in order to provide professional expertise, advice and guidance to staff. To develop skills in identifying matters that may fall within the terms of Civil Forfeiture.
- Utilise appropriate computer facilities in the preparation of reports, production orders, spreadsheets and graphs to meet the requirements of individual investigations and prosecutions.
- To promote the use of POCA legislation across the force.
- To maintain requisite records to assist in the provision of information for performance measurement in accordance with the force Financial Investigation Policy.
- Play a full part as a team member in the Money Laundering Investigation Team improving systems and procedures and extending the range of information sources and outputs to enhance force and district investigative ability.
- Manage cash detention process within South Yorkshire Police. Offer advice and guidance and set and support investigation strategies, directing staff to complete the enquiries. Manage subsequent court process
- Provide strategic direction and tactical knowledge in choosing financial investigation options, supporting investigating officers with case-building and knowledge. Manage financial investigations being conducted by other members of staff. This may include interviewing, executing warrants, financial enquiries and bespoke strategic financial advice.
- To drive police vehicles
- To undertake personal safety/conflict management and First Aid training.
- To undertake Airwave’s training.
Skills and experience:
For further information relating to the role and tasks of this position, please refer to the attached role profile.
We offer generous entitlements and supportive policies to enable a better work-life balance, some of which are listed below:
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Flexible and agile working
- Generous ‘family’ leave
- Voluntary CPD Events for all staff to allow continuous development
- Mentoring & Coaching Scheme
- Paid Professional Subscriptions when relevant to role
- Access to a range of occupational health facilities
- Generous pension scheme
- Employee assistance service (accessible 24/7)
- Additional benefits for Westfield Health members
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sports and Social Club
Applicants must meet the minimum requirement checkable history criteria, which must be taken into account for individuals applying to work with South Yorkshire Police in any capacity. A minimum checkable history of 3 years is required for this role and successfully undergoing recruitment vetting procedure is a pre-requisite of employment with South Yorkshire Police.
Appearance & Standards:
The Force is currently reviewing the Standards and Appearance Policy, with particular focus to Tattoos. All visible tattoos will be reviewed on a case by case basis, pending consultation of the Policy review. Until such time, please do not be discouraged from applying to the Force. Any visible tattoos will be discussed on a case by case basis.
Monday 22 August 2022 at 23:55
Closing dates are not normally extended, other than in exceptional circumstances and agreement is made with the Talent Acquisition Manager, Recruitment, and the Line Manager for the role.
Contact point for applicants:
For further information about the role, please contact Laura Hough on 01142 963103 / Mob: 07388 372478
Email – email@example.com.
Please do not contact this number for an application form.
Did you know? You can copy and paste the link currently in your browser and access this vacancy at home.
Diversity & Inclusion:
South Yorkshire Police welcomes applications from under-represented communities. For further information on diversity and inclusion within South Yorkshire Police, please visit the diversity and inclusion page:
If you are from an underrepresented group and want to find out more about the support we can offer, please contact our dedicated team on firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition, we will look to support anyone who requires Part Time/Job share working hours.
Apply for the role:
To apply for the role, please click the ‘Apply’ button.
Note to candidates:
Please note that, should you be successful at the interview stage, the relevant internal or external pre-employment checks are required. These include vetting clearance or review, prior to being appointed to the new role and start date being agreed.
This opportunity is closed to applications.