SYP - IS Commercial Support Officer (Asset Refresh) - September 2022
Role: IS Commercial Support Officer (Asset Refresh)
Department: Information Systems
Location: Nunnery Square, Sheffield
Salary: £23,331- £25,809
Hours: 37 hours per week
Contract Type: Temporary – 12 months
IT are seeking to modernise and therefore improve the service it provides to its internal customers. The post holder will provide a pivotal role, working as part of a team, deploying new, replacement laptops to Police staff. This will utilise Microsoft Autopilot within IT as an innovative first step towards the eventual objective of delivery of laptops directly from the supplier to the end user. In fulfilling this role the successful applicant will have the opportunity to provide feedback from the empirical experience gained in the role and to influence future plans.
An understanding of IT would be an advantage, but providing great customer service and communications and an aptitude for compiling accurate records will be a measure of being successful.
- Receiving delivery of laptop stock
- Asset tagging devices
- Updating the asset database to record new stock
- Liaison with laptop users to arrange identify any non-standard software applications.
- Using Microsoft Autopilot deploy MS Office 365 and other standard software to the laptops
- Contacting and scheduling handover of built devices.
- Updating the asset database to record the asset owner
- Recovering retired devices and updating the asset database
- Liaison with IT technical teams to resolve issues.
- Providing feedback to improve the service and future plans
Skills and experience
- Able to deal with confidential / sensitive matters and maintain confidence.
- Experience of engaging with suppliers / managing billing & invoicing.
- Experience of billing/invoicing analysis and cost reduction.
- Understanding of budgeting and governance processes
- Computer literate including use of Microsoft Office, Outlook or similar and the internet.
- Able to deal with internal customers effectively, providing responsive and appropriate levels of service.
- Understanding of contract structures and public procurement processes.
- Experience of asset (stock) control
- ITIL Foundation Qualification.
- CIPS Qualification
For further information relating to the role and tasks of this position, please refer to the attached role profile.
We offer generous entitlements and supportive policies to enable a better work-life balance, some of which are listed below:
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Flexible and hybrid working
- Generous ‘family’ leave
- Voluntary CPD Events for all staff to allow continuous development
- Mentoring & Coaching Scheme
- Paid Professional Subscriptions when relevant to role
- Access to a range of occupational health facilities
- Generous pension scheme
- Employee assistance service (accessible 24/7)
- Additional benefits for Westfield Health members
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sports and Social Club
Applicants must meet the minimum requirement checkable history criteria, which must be taken into account for individuals applying to work with South Yorkshire Police in any capacity. A minimum checkable history of 5 years is required for this role and successfully undergoing recruitment vetting procedure is a pre-requisite of employment with South Yorkshire Police.
Appearance & Standards:
The Force is currently reviewing the Appearance and Standards Policy, with particular focus to Tattoos. All visible tattoos will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis, pending consultation of the Policy review. Until such time, please do not be discouraged from applying to the Force as any visible tattoos will be discussed on a case-by-case basis. Any tattoo which could be deemed inappropriate, or cause offence will not be accepted. If you have tattoos, you will need to make a declaration at the time of application.
South Yorkshire Police’s Key Values:
Please find attached information sheet on South Yorkshire Police’s Key Values. The force has a particular focus on three areas, Fairness, Integrity and Trust. Under each of these three headings there are key behaviours we expect all employees to adhere to.
Monday 3rd October 2022 at 23:55
Closing dates are not normally extended, other than in exceptional circumstances and agreement is made between the Talent Acquisition Manager and the Line Manager for the role.
Contact point for applicants:
For further information about this role, please contact Gary Greer-Waring on 0746 4983768. Please do not contact this number for an application form.
Did you know? You can copy and paste the link currently in your browser and access this vacancy at home.
Diversity & Inclusion:
South Yorkshire Police welcomes applications from under-represented communities. For further information on diversity and inclusion within South Yorkshire Police, please visit the diversity and inclusion page:
If you are from an underrepresented group and want to find out more about the support we can offer, please contact our dedicated team on firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition, we will look to support anyone who requires Part Time/Job share working hours.
Apply for the role:
To apply for the role, please click the ‘Apply’ button.
Note to candidates:
Please note that, should you be successful at the interview stage, the relevant internal or external pre-employment checks are required. These include vetting clearance or review, prior to being appointed to the new role and start date being agreed.
To apply for this post as a secondment, you must have the support of your current Line Manager. This should be sent via email to the Hiring Line Manager. Please ensure that the role title and the closing date are stated in the subject of your email.
Without support, your application will not be considered any further.
This opportunity is closed to applications.