SYP - Enquiry Desk Assistant - September 2022
Role: Enquiry Desk Assistant
Location: Churchfields, Barnsley
Salary: £20,118 - £21,837 (pro-rata, plus shift and weekend working allowances)
Hours: 18.5 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Days: The post holder will be required to work a 10-week shift pattern which will include shifts ranging between 8 and 11 hours in length.
Dealing with enquires from members of the Public who come into the Police Station or contact the Station and completing all required administration duties
- Receiving and dealing with enquiries from members of the public
- Accept and record items of property and cash handed in by members of the public
- Maintain enquiry desk records
- Responsibility for security of access through the public reception area
- Receiving persons reporting on bail
- Receiving monies paid in at the Police Station
- Reporting persons for minor offences and completed documentation
- Taking initial reports of crimes and road traffic accidents
- Operation of public address system
- Operating a Loop system
- Carry out clerical and administrative duties
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade of the post
Skills and experience:
- Experience of dealing with face-to-face enquiries from members of the public.
- Experience of using computer packages including MS Word, Excel
- Previous clerical experience
- Able to work shifts and weekends
- Ability to travel and work at different sites
- Able to work overtime and bank holidays as and when require
For further information relating to the role and tasks of this position, please refer to the attached role profile.
We offer generous entitlements and supportive policies to enable a better work-life balance, some of which are listed below:
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Flexible and agile working
- Generous ‘family’ leave
- Voluntary CPD Events for all staff to allow continuous development
- Mentoring & Coaching Scheme
- Paid Professional Subscriptions when relevant to role
- Access to a range of occupational health facilities
- Generous pension scheme
- Employee assistance service (accessible 24/7)
- Additional benefits for Westfield Health members
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sports and Social Club
Applicants must meet the minimum requirement checkable history criteria, which must be taken into account for individuals applying to work with South Yorkshire Police in any capacity. A minimum checkable history of 3 years / 5 years is required for this role and successfully undergoing recruitment vetting procedure is a pre-requisite of employment with South Yorkshire Police.
Appearance & Standards:
The Force is currently reviewing the Appearance and Standards Policy, with particular focus to Tattoos. All visible tattoos will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis, pending consultation of the Policy review. Until such time, please do not be discouraged from applying to the Force as any visible tattoos will be discussed on a case-by-case basis. Any tattoo which could be deemed inappropriate, or cause offence will not be accepted. If you have tattoos, you will need to make a declaration at the time of application.
South Yorkshire Police’s Key Values:
Please find attached information sheet on South Yorkshire Police’s Key Values. The force has a particular focus on three areas, Fairness, Integrity and Trust. Under each of these three headings there are key behaviours we expect all employees to adhere to.
Monday 10 October 2022 at 23:55
Closing dates are not normally extended, other than in exceptional circumstances and agreement is made between the Talent Acquisition Manager and the Line Manager for the role.
Contact point for applicants:
For further information about the role, please contact Heather Scothern on 01226 736103. Please do not contact this number for an application form.
Did you know? You can copy and paste the link currently in your browser and access this vacancy at home.
Diversity & Inclusion:
South Yorkshire Police welcomes applications from under-represented communities. For further information on diversity and inclusion within South Yorkshire Police, please visit the diversity and inclusion page:
If you are from an underrepresented group and want to find out more about the support we can offer, please contact our dedicated team on email@example.com
In addition, we will look to support anyone who requires Part Time/Job share working hours.
Note to candidates:
Please note that, should you be successful at the interview stage, the relevant internal or external pre-employment checks are required. These include vetting clearance or review, prior to being appointed to the new role and start date being agreed.
Apply for the role:
To apply for the role, please click the ‘Apply’ button.
This opportunity is closed to applications.