SYP - Data Security Support Officer - July 2022
Role: Data Security Support Officer
Department: Performance & Governance
Salary: £23,331 - £25,809
Contract Type: Permanent
To co-ordinate the implementation of security policies, procedures and systems, which contribute to the Force’s data security compliance by ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information assets. Support work towards compliance with government and policing data security requirements by assisting the Data Security Manager.
- Support the review and monitoring of compliance with the Force Data Security Policy portfolio and the requirements of the NPCC Community Security Policy, HMG Infosec Standards, National/Local Accreditation requirements and National Codes of
- Co-ordinate the development and maintenance of System Information Risk Assessments (IRAR), including risk assessment reviews of information assets and assessing the adequacy of implemented security
- Assist the Data Security Manager in ensuring best practices are adhered and promote the awareness of information security principles across the
- Contribute to education and awareness relating to data security matters for Force employees and other authorised users of Force information assets.
- Manage the incident reporting and response system for security incidents within the
- Undertake physical inspections on existing & new sites to ensure information security standards are being
- Assist with the development, implementation and maintenance of data security policies and procedures in support of the NPCC Community Security
- Act as Single Point of Contact (SPOC) within South Yorkshire Police providing advice and guidance on all matters relating to data
- Any other duties commensurate with grade as required by Data Security Manager.
Reports to Data Security Manager.
Skills and experience:
For further information relating to the role and tasks of this position, please refer to the attached role profile.
We offer generous entitlements and supportive policies to enable a better work-life balance, some of which are listed below:
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Flexible and agile working
- Generous ‘family’ leave
- Voluntary CPD Events for all staff to allow continuous development
- Mentoring & Coaching Scheme
- Paid Professional Subscriptions when relevant to role
- Access to a range of occupational health facilities
- Generous pension scheme
- Employee assistance service (accessible 24/7)
- Additional benefits for Westfield Health members
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sports and Social Club
Applicants must meet the minimum requirement checkable history criteria, which must be taken into account for individuals applying to work with South Yorkshire Police in any capacity. A minimum checkable history of 5 years is required for this role and successfully undergoing recruitment vetting procedure is a pre-requisite of employment with South Yorkshire Police.
Appearance & Standards:
All tattoos and piercings must be in line with South Yorkshire Police’s Appearance and Standards policy. Tattoos visible on your face, neck, hands, or head are not permitted. Any tattoos which could be deemed inappropriate, or cause offence will also not be accepted. If you have tattoos, you will need to make a declaration at the time of application.
South Yorkshire Police’s Key Values:
Please find attached information sheet on South Yorkshire Police’s Key Values. The force has a particular focus on three area, Fairness, Integrity and Trust. Under each of these three headings there are key behaviours we expect all employees to adhere to.
Wednesday 14th September 2022 at 23:55
Closing dates are not normally extended, other than in exceptional circumstances and agreement is made between the Talent Acquisition Manager and the Line Manager for the role.
Contact point for applicants:
For further information about the role, please contact Paul Mattocks on 07789 650973 or email@example.com.
Please do not contact this number for an application form.
Did you know? You can copy and paste the link currently in your browser and access this vacancy at home.
Diversity & Inclusion:
South Yorkshire Police welcomes applications from under-represented communities. For further information on diversity and inclusion within South Yorkshire Police, please visit the diversity and inclusion page:
If you are from an underrepresented group and want to find out more about the support we can offer, please contact our dedicated team on firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition, we will look to support anyone who requires Part Time/Job share working hours.
Apply for the role:
To apply for the role, please click the ‘Apply’ button.
Note to candidates:
Please note that, should you be successful at the interview stage, the relevant internal or external pre-employment checks are required. These include vetting clearance or review, prior to being appointed to the new role and start date being agreed.
This opportunity is closed to applications.