SYP - Disclosure Supervisor - August 2022
Role: Disclosure Supervisor
Department: Performance & Governance
Location: Rotherham Old Hostel/Agile working
Salary: £23,331 – 25,809
Hours: 37hrs per week
Contract Type: Permanent
We are looking for someone to join our Disclosure Unit as DBS Team Leader. The role is critical to the core function of the overall Disclosure Unit and is focused and designed to support the Unit in achieving a high standard of service delivery. The post holder will have line management responsibility for a team of Disclosure Researchers and duties include supporting the team, conducting PDR’s, encouraging CPD and addressing any development needs. In addition, you will be responsible for the workflow that comes into the Unit and distribution of that workload to staff, making sure KPI’s are achieved in line with service delivery agreements while ensuring that all administration tasks are completed to a high standard.
- Closely manage the workflow coming into the Unit and distribute to the relevant workflow pots.
- Ensure audits are conducted daily, to ensure compliance with the Quality Assurance Framework.
- Conduct regular 1:1,s with staff to ensure that their training needs and Objectives are met.
- Set training plans for new staff
- Monitoring performance of all Disclosure Researchers
Skills and experience:
- Management skills.
- Excellent communicator, verbal and written.
- Excellent customer service skills with a customer centric approach.
- Continuous improvement mind-set by continually seeking improvements to policy, guidance and process to improve the customer journey.
- Attention to detail and comfortable managing multiple tasks
For further information relating to the role and tasks of this position, please refer to the attached role profile.
We offer generous entitlements and supportive policies to enable a better work-life balance, some of which are listed below:
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Flexible and agile working
- Generous ‘family’ leave
- Voluntary CPD Events for all staff to allow continuous development
- Mentoring & Coaching Scheme
- Paid Professional Subscriptions when relevant to role
- Access to a range of occupational health facilities
- Generous pension scheme
- Employee assistance service (accessible 24/7)
- Additional benefits for Westfield Health members
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sports and Social Club
Applicants must meet the minimum requirement checkable history criteria, which must be taken into account for individuals applying to work with South Yorkshire Police in any capacity. A minimum checkable history of 5 years is required for this role and successfully undergoing recruitment vetting procedure is a pre-requisite of employment with South Yorkshire Police.
Appearance & Standards:
The Force is currently reviewing the Appearance and Standards Policy, with particular focus to Tattoos. All visible tattoos will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis, pending consultation of the Policy review. Until such time, please do not be discouraged from applying to the Force as any visible tattoos will be discussed on a case-by-case basis. Any tattoo which could be deemed inappropriate, or cause offence will not be accepted. If you have tattoos, you will need to make a declaration at the time of application.
South Yorkshire Police’s Key Values:
Please find attached information sheet on South Yorkshire Police’s Key Values. The force has a particular focus on three areas, Fairness, Integrity and Trust. Under each of these three headings there are key behaviours we expect all employees to adhere to.
Thursday 25 August 2022 at 23:55
Closing dates are not normally extended, other than in exceptional circumstances and agreement is made between the Talent Acquisition Manager and the Line Manager for the role.
Contact point for applicants:
For further information about the role, please contact Dawn Eyre on 0114 219 6709/716709 or 07468 473018. Please do not contact this number for an application form.
Did you know? You can copy and paste the link currently in your browser and access this vacancy at home.
Diversity & Inclusion:
South Yorkshire Police welcomes applications from under-represented communities. For further information on diversity and inclusion within South Yorkshire Police, please visit the diversity and inclusion page:
If you are from an underrepresented group and want to find out more about the support we can offer, please contact our dedicated team on firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition, we will look to support anyone who requires Part Time/Job share working hours.
Apply for the role:
To apply for the role, please click the ‘Apply’ button.
Note to candidates:
Please note that, should you be successful at the interview stage, the relevant internal or external pre-employment checks are required. These include vetting clearance or review, prior to being appointed to the new role and start date being agreed.
This opportunity is closed to applications.