SYP - Intelligence Support Officer
Role: Intelligence Support Officer
Department: Specialist Crime Services
Location: Sheffield Local Intelligence Cell
Salary: Band C - £21, 507 - £24, 057
Hours: 37 Hours per Week
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract / Secondment - 12 Months
This role provides administrative support to the Intelligence Unit, including data inputting and retrieval, creation of briefings, maintaining records management systems and completing research and development of intelligence, using various methods of open and closed source research, in accordance with Force policy.
- Maintain full awareness of Force and District priorities and how Intelligence contributes to their achievement
- Maintain liaison with key stakeholders both internal and external to the Force in terms of intelligence
- Liaise with Force Intelligence, outside partner agencies and other District Intelligence staff
- Develop partnership links for intelligence dissemination
- Collect and process data using I.T. software
- Evaluate, Risk Assess and Index National Intelligence Reports according to Force Policy and disseminate to appropriate persons/departments for action
- Conduct Open and Closed Source Research in accordance with Force policy
- Create and maintain databases including record management systems
- Produce bulletins, briefings and information sheets for appropriate dissemination
- Attend meetings as required, record and allocate any tasks as necessary
- Contribute towards the gathering of intelligence utilising covert and overt methods.
- Review data quality and identify duplicate records
- General administrative duties
- Supervise the allocation, direction and result of intelligence actions/ action packages
Skills and experience:
- Experience of working with sensitive information, and dealing with and maintaining confidentiality
- Previous work experience in intelligence/information collection, analysis, research and action
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and other packages which enable data manipulation, formulae, charts and functions
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
We offer generous entitlements and supportive polices to enable a better work-life balance, some of which are listed below:
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Flexible and agile working
- Generous ‘family’ leave
- Access to a range of occupational health facilities
- Generous pension scheme
- Employee assistance service ( accessible 24/7)
Applicants must meet the minimum requirement checkable history criteria, which must be taken into account for individuals applying to work with South Yorkshire Police in any capacity. A minimum checkable history of 3 years has been identified for this role and successfully undergoing recruitment vetting procedure is a pre-requisite of employment with South Yorkshire Police.
Appearance & Standards:
All tattoos and piercings must be in line with South Yorkshire Police’s Appearance and Standards policy. Tattoos visible on your face, neck, hands or head are not permitted. Any tattoos which could be deemed inappropriate or cause offence will also not be accepted. If you have tattoos, you will need to make a declaration at the time of application.
Tuesday, 9th July 2019
Closing dates are not normally extended, other than in exceptional circumstances and agreement is made with the HR Manager, Recruitment and the Line Manager for the role.
Contact point for applicants:
For further information about the role, please contact DS Iain Martin on 07557 005 753. Please do not contact this number for an application form.
Did you know? You can copy and paste the link currently in your browser and access this vacancy at home.
For further information relating to the role and tasks of this position, please refer to the attached role profile.
Diversity & Inclusion:
South Yorkshire Police welcome applications from under-represented communities. For further information on diversity and inclusion within South Yorkshire Police, please visit the diversity and inclusion page:
Apply for the role:
To apply for the role, please click the ‘Apply’ button.
This opportunity is closed to applications.