SYP - Enquiry Desk Assistant
Role: Enquiry Desk Assistant
Location: Rotherham - Main Street Police Station
Salary: Band B - £18, 486 - £20, 115 (Pro-Rota)
Hours: 16 Hour per Week
Contract Type: Permanent
Dealing with enquires from members of the Public who come into the Police Station or contact the Station and completing all required administration duties. The role also attracts a 12.5% shift allowance.
- Receiving and dealing with enquiries from members of the public
- Accept and record items of property and cash handed in by members of the public
- Maintain enquiry desk records
- Responsibility for security of access through the public reception area
- Receiving persons reporting on bail
- Receiving monies paid in at the Police Station
- Reporting persons for minor offences and completed documentation
- Taking initial reports of crimes and road traffic accidents
- Operation of public address system
- Operating a Loop system
- Carry out clerical and administrative duties
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade of the post
Skills and experience:
- Experience of dealing with face-to-face enquiries from members of the public.
- Experience of using computer packages including MS Word, Excel.
- Previous clerical experience.
- Able to work shifts and weekends.
- Ability to travel and work at different sites.
- Able to work overtime and bank holidays as and when require.
We offer generous entitlements and supportive polices to enable a better work-life balance, some of which are listed below:
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Flexible and agile working
- Generous ‘family’ leave
- Access to a range of occupational health facilities
- Generous pension scheme
- Employee assistance service ( accessible 24/7)
Applicants must meet the minimum requirement checkable history criteria, which must be taken into account for individuals applying to work with South Yorkshire Police in any capacity. A minimum checkable history of 3 years has been identified for this role and successfully undergoing recruitment vetting procedure is a pre-requisite of employment with South Yorkshire Police.
Appearance & Standards:
All tattoos and piercings must be in line with South Yorkshire Police’s Appearance and Standards policy. Tattoos visible on your face, neck, hands or head are not permitted. Any tattoos which could be deemed inappropriate or cause offence will also not be accepted. If you have tattoos, you will need to make a declaration at the time of application.
Thursday, 27th June 2019
Closing dates are not normally extended, other than in exceptional circumstances and agreement is made with the HR Manager, Recruitment and the Line Manager for the role.
Contact point for applicants:
For further information about the role, please contact Elizabeth Blackburn on 01709 832 146. Please do not contact this number for an application form.
Did you know? You can copy and paste the link currently in your browser and access this vacancy at home.
For further information relating to the role and tasks of this position, please refer to the attached role profile.
Diversity & Inclusion:
South Yorkshire Police welcome applications from under-represented communities. For further information on diversity and inclusion within South Yorkshire Police, please visit the diversity and inclusion page:
Apply for the role:
To apply for the role, please click the ‘Apply’ button.
This opportunity is closed to applications.