- HP - Learning and Development Manager
Role: HP – Learning and Development Manager
Department: Learning and Development
Location: Courtland Road, Hull
Salary Range: £49,020 –£57,960 (Starting salary will be dependent on experience)
Hours: 37 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Are you currently a Learning & Development expert looking for your next challenge?
We are looking for an innovative, driven and energetic Learning & Development Manager to join Team Humberside. You will be a person who gets things done, is not afraid of developing, implementing and evaluating an L&D strategy whilst also comfortable with driving the day to day operation.
This role will have the autonomy to develop and to implement a new and exciting learning and development offer that will ensure our people have inspiring learning experiences both inside and outside of the classroom. Experience in driving fresh solutions to both L&D delivery and platforms by pushing digital boundaries would be desirable. We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills, and a confident relationship builder and influencer. Candidates with no public/police experience are encourage to apply.
This is a big role, with a Force wide scope: We need a great leader to match!
- Design, deliver and evaluate an L&D strategic framework, which supports the delivery of the Humberside Police Plan on a Page.
- Be at the forefront of national developments, changes in Home Office guidelines and approved professional practice.
- Maintain awareness and involvement in the national workforce agenda for policing.
- Drive the blended learning L&D agenda forward beyond traditional methods of delivery pushing innovation and technological and digital boundaries.
- Deliver skills data in force, ensuring recording and reporting is accurate. Provide critical analysis of L&D information to ensure intelligence led L&D interventions are in place to fill real time skills gaps as well as future gaps.
For further information relating to the role and tasks of this position please refer to the attached role requirement.
We offer generous entitlements and supportive polices to enable a better work-life balance, some of which are listed below:
- Good annual leave allowance
- Family Friend Policies
- Access to a range of Wellbeing/Occupational Health Facilities
- Local Government Pension Scheme
Applicants must meet the minimum requirements: a checkable history of 3 years for this role and successfully undergo the recruitment vetting procedure, which is a pre-requisite of employment
Contact point for applicants:
If you wish to discuss this role in more detail, Chief Inspector Paul Kirby will be happy to speak via telephone.
Please email the recruitment department with your details, who will pass these onto Chief Inspector Kirby
How to apply for the role:
Please send your CV, including current salary details, to email@example.com , along with your 500-word expression of interest, outlining why you are the perfect candidate for this role.
Closing Date: Friday 18th January 2019 at 17.00
Shortlisting: Monday 21st January 2019
Selection date: Wednesday 30th January 2019
Closing dates are not normally extended, other than in exceptional circumstances and agreement is made with the HR Manager, Recruitment and the Line Manager for the role.
- Role Requirement
- Learning and Development Manager Information
Humberside Police welcome applications from underrepresented communities. For further information on positive action within Humberside Police, please visit the positive action page: