HP - Information Compliance Unit Manager
Role: HP – Information Compliance Unit Manager
Department: Enabling Services
Location: Sensor House, Beverley
Scale/Salary: £43,779 - £46,809
Hours: 37 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Do you enjoy working with people to help them use information and data more effectively and securely? Are you up to date with current information management legislation.
Do you have a talent for solving information problems through applying creative and innovative solutions within an information and data management environment?
Are you looking for an opportunity where you can make a real impact in an organisation that looks to continuously improve the services it delivers?
Then an exciting opportunity has arisen within Humberside Police for the post of Information Compliance Unit Manager.
The post holder will be the specialist professional responsible for the strategic direction and management of information, including the development, management and maintenance of policies and procedures that meet the needs of Force with regard to all Information Compliance functions.
You will lead and take individual responsibility to plan, develop and implement all strategy, policy, practice and procedure for allocated portfolio making the best use of resources to enable delivery of required levels of service in relation to all information compliance matters.
Skills and experience:
- To be educated to degree level or substantial senior leadership experience in the professional discipline of information compliance / assurance .
- Must hold a related professional qualification, e.g. CESG Certified Professional (CCP), Accreditor/SIRA, ISO 27001 Auditor, Data Protection Practitioner, ARA Accredited Records Management or similar
- Senior leadership and management experience with a proven track record of delivery in a large complex multi-faceted organisation
- Demonstrate ability to think and contribute strategically at an executive level whilst maintaining a strong focus on operational activity and engagement in relation to information compliance and assurance.
- Sound appreciation of relevant legislation, e.g. GDPR, Computer Misuse Act, Freedom of Information Act, etc
For all the essential criteria and tasks of this position, please refer to the attached role requirement.
Contact point for applicants:
If you would like to know more about the role, what it entails and the opportunities it presents, please contact: Donna Tranter - Email: email@example.com .
Please DO NOT contact this person about the online application and recruitment process.
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply for the role:
To apply for the role, please click the ‘Apply’ button below.
Sunday 4th August 2019 at 23.55
Closing dates are not normally extended, other than in exceptional circumstances and agreement is made with the HR Manager, Recruitment and the Line Manager for the role.
- Role Requirement
- Guidance for completing your application
Humberside Police welcome applications from underrepresented communities. For further information on positive action within Humberside Police, please visit the positive action page:
This opportunity is closed to applications.