HP - Occupational Health Nurse Advisor
Role: HP – Occupational Health Nurse Advisor
Department: HR – Enabling Services
Location: Courtland Road, Hull
Salary: £30,401 - £37,267 (Dependent on experience)
Hours: 37 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
An opportunity for you to help those who help others.
Our police officers and staff are the key to the success of Humberside Police. Their work is diverse, complex and often challenging, but rewarding and vital to the communities we serve. They are supported by a dedicated in house health and wellbeing team, including Occupational Health Nurse Advisors who specialise in the care and wellbeing of our people.
Following some recent changes and new appointments into this area of HR, we are on an exciting journey to embed proactive and preventative initiatives into policing as well as reactive support. We are looking to recruit a qualified Occupational Health Nurse Advisor to join our team who will provide professional advice and guidance, work holistically with wider health and wellbeing colleagues and champion the development of Occupational Health in force. You will work closely with line managers, human resource staff and health and safety advisers to support good health at work.
We are not afraid of innovative and creative ways of working and are actively engaged in the new national police wellbeing service which launched earlier this year. If your passion is helping people be healthy to do their job….we passionately want you to be part of our team.
Your role will include:
- health promotion through workshops and events
- pre-employment and continued health screening
- identifying and preventing work-related health problems
- sign posting to specialist external resources
- risk assessment and risk management
- professional occupational health advice and guidance
- referral triage
- leading a case load and holding case conferences where necessary
- involvement in complex case management
Skills and experience:
- R.G.N. Qualified and OHN Certificate or equivalent.
- Proven nursing experience working in a health environment in a medium/large organisation.
- Experience of conducting eyesight, audio, health surveillance, screening, medical checks and workplace assessments, risk assessments.
- Able to write comprehensive reports.
For all the essential criteria for this role, please refer to the attached role requirement.
We offer generous entitlements and supportive policies to enable a better work-life balance, some of which are listed below:
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Generous ‘family’ leave
- Access to a range of occupational health facilities
- Generous pension scheme
- Employee assistance service ( accessible 24/7)
Applicants must meet the minimum requirement checkable history criteria, which must be taken into account for individuals applying to work with Humberside Police in any capacity. A minimum checkable history of 3 years has been identified for this role and successfully undergoing recruitment vetting procedure is a pre-requisite of employment.
Contact point for applicants:
If you would like to know more about the role, what it entails and the opportunities it presents, please contact: Sandy Powdrell – Email: Sandy.Powdrell@humberside.pnn.police.uk or Laraine Cowley – Email@ Laraine.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please DO NOT contact these people about the online application and recruitment process.
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
How to apply for the role:
To apply for the role, please click the ‘Apply’ button below.
Monday, 24th June 2019 at 23.55.
Closing dates are not normally extended, other than in exceptional circumstances and agreement is made with the HR Manager, Recruitment and the Line Manager for the role.
- Role Requirement
- Guidance for completing your application
Humberside Police welcome applications from underrepresented communities. For further information on positive action within Humberside Police, please visit the positive action page: