HP - Personal Assistant to Chief Officers
Role: HP – Personal Assistant to Chief Officers
Department: Business Support Services
Location: Police Headquarters, Priory Road, Hull
Salary: £22,668 - £24,759
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Contract Type: 2 x Permanent Posts
We are currently recruiting for 2 Personal Assistants to work directly for our Chief Officers, based at Humberside Police Force Headquarters.
The overall purpose of this exciting role is to provide a comprehensive, confidential, professional, effective and efficient administrative service to the Chief Officers.
The successful candidate will provide secretarial support services, from diary entries and meeting management, to activities that support our Chief Officers in the strategic delivery of their respective portfolio areas.
- Receives/reviews incoming correspondence/communication, electronic or manual, assesses urgency, prioritises and provides appropriate response on behalf of the Chief Officer Team, initiating action where appropriate.
- Researches and retrieves information as required prior to determining allocation. Reviews and monitors the action taken and identifies any in action for resolution and maintaining an auditable system.
Skills and experience:
- Significant previous experience in a PA role supporting at an Executive Level
- Experience of arranging meetings / conferences and diary management
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experienced minute taker
- Excellent organisational skills
- Attention to detail and ability to operate with discretion.
- Ability to research information.
For further information relating to the role and tasks of this position, please refer to the attached role requirement.
We offer generous entitlements and supportive polices to enable a better work-life balance, some of which are listed below:
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Generous ‘family’ leave
- Access to a range of occupational health facilities
- Generous pension scheme
- Employee assistance service (accessible 24/7)
Applicants must meet the minimum requirement checkable history criteria, which must be taken into account for individuals applying to work with Humberside Police in any capacity. A minimum checkable history of 3 years has been identified for this role and successfully undergoing recruitment vetting procedure is a pre-requisite of employment.
Contact point for applicants:
If you would like to know more about the role, what it entails and opportunities it presents, please contact: Susan Aldridge: Email Susan.Aldridge@humberside.pnn.police.uk
Please DO NOT contact this person about the online application and recruitment process.
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
How to apply for the role:
To apply for these positions, please submit an up to date CV with a covering letter outlining how you meet the key skills of this role to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.
Wednesday 10th April 2019 at 23.55
W/C 22nd April 2019
Closing dates are not normally extended, other than in exceptional circumstances and agreement is made with the HR Manager, Recruitment and the Line Manager for the role.
- Role Requirement
- Guidance for completing your application
Humberside Police welcome applications from underrepresented communities. For further information on positive action within Humberside Police, please visit the positive action page:
This opportunity is closed to applications.