- HP - Humberside Syndicate Lead - Police Now
Humberside Syndicate Lead – Police Now
Applications are required from Sergeants, or qualified Constables, for the role of Police Now Syndicate Lead.
Police Now is an externally run and government funded company who have recruited up to 13 constables to serve in a neighbourhood capacity within the most challenging communities across the force. These 13 recruits make up the Humberside cohort who are set to attend the Police Now Summer Academy throughout July and August 2018.
The force require a suitable officer to lead the syndicate throughout the entire of the summer academy. The role will entail supporting and challenging the cohort throughout, as well as delivering some input and working operationally with the officers on the streets of London to work towards them attaining a safe and lawful status. Police Now will provide adequate training on the syndicate lead role, suitably preparing them for the task ahead. This is included within the 8 week summer period. This is a residential secondment. There is an expectation that the officer remains at the academy (accommodation provided) throughout consecutive working days.
Whilst at the Summer academy, the selected lead will act in the capacity of a sergeant. As such, a constable would receive a temporary rank throughout the period. This is an excellent opportunity to form part of a blossoming initiative within Humberside Police.
Requirements for the role include the following:
- 1. Applicants will hold at least NPPF legal exam qualification or equivalent.
- 2. Recent operational experience, ideally displaying knowledge of community/partnership work.
- 3. No leave may be taken during the period of July through August 2018, with the understanding that the officer will be residentially displaced for the entire period (most weekends free with some return trips funded). Reasonable adjustments considered.
- 4. Free to attend (and be abstracted for) the spring induction event in London, running over April 2018 (dates to be confirmed).
- 5. Be flexible in order to attend on-boarding events in the spring of 2018.
- 6. An understanding that the academy will consist of long hours with further work required outside of those hours. This will be provided in the form of a pre-designed shift pattern to last through September, in which time off will be scheduled in order to balance excess hours worked.
- 7. Your application must be endorsed and supported by your superintendent. They must agree your suitability and manage any abstractions.
Your completed application form is to be received by Career Services no later than 17:00 on Friday 1st December 2017. The email MUST show the support of your superintendent.
More information is available on the role and scheme within the attached documents and at https://www.policenow.org.uk
Closing dates are not normally extended, other than in exceptional circumstances and an agreement is made with the HR Manager - Recruitment and the Line Manager for the role.
Humberside Police welcome applications from underrepresented communities. For further information on positive action within Humberside Police, please visit the positive action page:
This opportunity is closed to applications.