- HP - Inspector Promotions Process 2017
Inspector Promotions Process 2017
We would like to inform you that the Inspector Promotion Process will officially launch on November 27th. However, please read the below for important information about the process.
In line with recent promotion boards we will be using the Competency and Values Framework for Policing (CVF) as the basis for assessment as we are operating under the National Police Promotions Framework (NPPF). To apply you must have a valid NPPF Step 2 legal exam qualification achieved within the last 5 years or an OSPRE Part 2 pass. The link below provides an overview of the CVF
The process will comprise:
Stage 1 - Application form
- Candidates are required to submit an application form along with their current ‘live’ PDR and their last completed PDR containing CPD Objectives to their management team by 4th December 2017 for endorsement, the form should then be sent to Career Services by the closing date for applications (8th December)
- The endorsement will consist of 2 options: Supported or Not Supported
- Unsupported candidates must have a clear development plan in place in their PDR and be provided with written rationale as to why they have not been supported
- Supported candidates will progress to stage 2
Stage 2 – Work sample assessment (unseen task/ presentation) and interview.
Full details of the process will be provided at a preparation workshop, where we will provide an overview of the requirements of the rank and detail the steps of the process. This will be supplemented by a manual of guidance published with the application form that provides all relevant information.
Sergeant to Inspector – Key Dates
Preparation Workshops W/C 20th November 2017
Launch advert and release of application Monday 27th Nov 2017
Closing date for applications Friday 8th Dec - 9am
Presentation & Interview Panel 11th Dec 2017 -12th Jan 2018
In order to request an application pack, please contact Career Services, who will email you the application form and manual of guidance
Preparation workshops will take place as outlined below. Places are limited, therefore to book a place on a workshop please email email@example.com
15:00 – 16:30 Hours - Tuesday 21st November 2017 – Lecture Theatre, Courtland Rd
14:00 – 15:30 Hours - Friday 1st December 2017 – 106B, Melton Conference Room
This opportunity is closed to applications.